LED LIGHT THERAPY
LED LIGHT THERAPY
What is light therapy?
LED Light therapy is an amazing treatment that uses varying wavelengths of light to trigger the skin’s natural healing processes to repair, rejuvenate and improve the skin.
The top of the range, TGA approved machine we us at Nectar Day Spa utilises 1,500 powerful light emitting diodes ranging from blue to green, yellow, red and near-infrared. Each light wavelength targets different, specific skin concerns.
LED light therapy does not emit any harmful ultraviolet rays and is safe for all skin types.
How does it improve the skin?
As our skin ages, healthy skin cells are compromised and unable to renew themselves normally.
Our skin is able to use the LED light as a source of energy to fuel the repair and rejuvenation of damaged cells.
The energy stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, boosts circulation and accelerates tissue repair.
- - Blue Light therapy works to kill Acne causing bacteria and reduces activity in the sebaceous glands.
- - Normalises sebaceous activity
- - Penetrates 1mm into the skin
- - Deepest target is the epidermis
- - Has a direct effect on pigment producing melanocyte cells by reducing the amount of pigment (melanin) that they produce.
- - Helps reduce visible pigmentation
- - Improves cell regeneration
- - Improves rosacea and redness
- - Penetrates 0.5 – 2mm into the skin.
- - Ideal to treat photo-aged skin by stimulating the fibroblast cell which increases collagen, elastin and Hyaluronic Acid.
- - Ideal for inflamed skin conditions such as Rosacea, dermatitis and flushing.
- - Ideal post laser and post injectables to minimise bruising.
- - Increases dermal thickness and hydration.
- - Excellent for stressed or sensitised skin.
- - Penetrates 2-3 mm below skin surface.
- - Promotes wound healing and repair.
- - Stimulates collagen, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- - Stimulates slow healing wounds (bruising, post-surgery scars, post inflammatory pigment)
- - Reduces Psoriasis lesions.
- - Supports firming and toning.
Near Infrared Light 830nm
- - Penetrates 5-10mm into the skin
- - Near infrared therapy uses light in the infrared wavelength range to release chemical messenger molecules in the cell that emulates a wound healing response.
- - Ideal for photo rejuvenation, wound recovery, post laser, post-surgery, post injectables to reduce bruising and swelling.
- - Anti-ageing benefits
- - Rejuvenates the skin
- - Great for skin laxity
Who is LED not advised for?
- Cancer patients
- Hypersensitivity to light or “photo allergy”
- Using medication that causes photo sensitivity
- Using Roactutane